My favorite model, Syrena, and I went to Asheville for the day to shop and take photos.
A couple weeks ago, I got to be the model! I worked with Amanda Nicole Moss of Back Seat Photography who is a genius (and a lovely person). Together we made a little bit of magic.
And as a bonus, my husband joined us on his lunch break and took this incredible photo.
I went to Greensboro, NC yesterday to work with Tatyana. She’s 20 and wants to be a model. I love working with aspiring models. They’re like blank canvases.
Here’s the advice I give to anyone who wants to be a model:
- Work with as many photographers as you can. We all have a different perspective and a unique approach.
- Watch out for creepy guys with cameras who try to get you to take your shirt off.
- Research fashion photography and try the poses in the mirror.
- KNOW YOUR BODY!!!! This is the most important thing! I can’t believe how many people don’t understand how their bodies work. You’ve lived in it all your life!
- Pay attention to your hands. They can ruin a beautiful image.
Tatyana really listened to all the things I told her. She practiced before our shoot and did a fantastic job!
Here are a couple photos from the editorial photo shoot my husband and I did today with Bailey and Maarissa.
Today I did the pin up shoot I’ve been preparing for all week! I’ve only had the chance to edit a couple of them, but I couldn’t wait to share them.